ACCIDENT CARE POLICY
- Cover for Accident death, Permanent Disability and temporary Disablement.
- Compensation for Permanent Total Disablement is 150% of the sum insured.
- Enhanced weekly compensation up to Rs.15000/- per week (maximum 100 weeks).
- Educational Grant for dependent children
- Cumulative bonus 5% per annum maximum 50%
- Introduced additional in-built benefits
- Hospital Cash – Optional benefits
- Home Convalescence – Optional benefits
- Medical Expenses Extension
- Coverage for Winter Sports
- On-line purchases – 5% discount on premium excluding tax
- If family is covered – 10% of discount on total premium
OPTIONAL BENEFITS (ON PAYMENT OF ADDITIONAL PREMIUM)
- Medical Expenses Extension: Upto 25% of the valid claim or 10% of the sum insured or actual whichever is less subject to a overall limit of Rs.5,00,000/- per policy period.
- Hospital Cash: Cash benefit of Rs.1000/- for each completed day of Hospitalization (excluding date of admission and date of discharge) provided such hospitalization happens within 30 days from the date of accident.
- Home convalescence: Rs.500/- for each completed day subject to a maximum of 15 days per occurrence and 60 days per policy period towards the cost of engaging one attendant at residence immediately after discharge from the hospital, provided the same is recommended by the attending physician.
- Cumulative Bonus of 5% accrues to the insured person for each completed year, subject to a maximum of 50%.
- Cumulative bonus will not be lost if the policy is renewed within 30 days. Cumulative bonus is not applicable on the ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OR OPTIONAL BENEFITS
Note: Wherever the word “Death / Disability” occurs it means “Death/Disability” arising out of Accidents.
- Table A – covers Accidental Death
- Table B – covers Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement
- Table C – covers Accidental Death, Permanent Disablement and Temporary Total Disablement (Weekly Compensation)
ADDITIONAL IN-BUILT BENEFITS
- Educational Grant: Maximum of Rs.10,000/- per child upto 2 children in case of Death/Permanent Total Disability of the insured person
- Ambulance Charges / Transportation Expenses of Mortal Remains: The limit of Company’s liability is Rs.5,000/- only during the policy period.
- Travel Expenses for One Relative (Applicable for Death claims only): 1% of Total Sum Insured upto Rs.50,000/- subject to actual for the transport expenses to one relative of the insured person.
- Vehicle and/or Residence Modification: 10% of Table B and Table C sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.50,000/- towards the expenses incurred to modify the insured person’s residential accommodation or vehicle.
- Purchase of Blood: Upto 5% of the sum insured under relevant table/tables opted subject to a maximum of Rs.10,000/- towards the expenses incurred in purchasing blood through a Hospital or Government approved blood bank.
- Transportation of Imported Medicines: Upto 5% of Total sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.20,000/- towards the expenses incurred on freight charges for importing medicines.
The above mentioned amounts are payable in addition to the sum insured.
WHO CAN TAKE THIS INSURANCE?
- Any person between 18 and 70 years of age at the time of entry can take this insurance.
- Dependent children covered from 5 months
- Policy benefits are applicable individually for each person covered under family.
FREE LOOK PERIOD
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available to the insured to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company shall allow refund of premium paid after adjusting the stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.
Free look Period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.